Sunday, April 9, 2023

Hollies Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress Tabs Ver 1

long cool woman in a black dress hollies

They lived in the Beat Generation, but their focus was Beat Music, and the actors in this song don't particularly behave like Beatniks. Steve if you ever see him tell him thanks for all the music and for this song. Heard he no longer sings because of voice problems.

long cool woman in a black dress hollies

These are the words I attributed to the song. I know THEY ARE WRONG, but I rather like some of them, especially the "beautiful song" variants. The song was written initially in the country/rockabilly style of Jerry Reed then adapted over recording more to the swamp rock style of Creedence Clearwater Revival, in terms of the vocal, rhythm, and melodic style.

The Hollies - Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress Vinyl

They are sung by a native Brit who is trying to sound like an American and he horribly mangled the "accent." I like the song, but I get pissed off every time I hear it. Heavy metal rocker Vince Neil released a heavier version of "Long Cool Woman", along with other covers and original material, on his third studio album, Tattoos & Tequila, on 22 June 2010. G. Sheppard, covered the song on his 1997 album Nothin' on But the Radio.

long cool woman in a black dress hollies

Hi Jennifur, I was fortunate enough to meet Allan several times in the mid to late nineties, I worked in music rights management at that time and we became friendly. He was still touring with the Hollies at that time but it was clear that his singing voice was past its best. Very pleasant person, and modest in his achievements. This is such a cool song, especially that Rick bass.

The Hollies - Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress Lyrics

Delivery time is estimated using our proprietary method which is based on the buyer's proximity to the item location, the shipping service selected, the seller's shipping history, and other factors. "Romany", the superb LP with Rickfors, sold well over time and remained in print into the '80s. In concert, rhythm guitarist Terry Sylvester did a fine job singing " Long Cool Woman". Allan Clarke indeed sung on the original recording of LCW.

long cool woman in a black dress hollies

Before the single was released, lead singer Allan Clarke left the group, replaced by Swedish singer Michael Rickfors . After "Long Cool Woman" became a hit in the US, Clarke rethought his solo career and came back. The group released one album with Rickfors, Romany in 1972, before Clarke took back his position.

DONNIE & JOE EMERSON - DREAMIN' WILD (LIMITED BLUE VINYL) VINYL LP NEU

Phantom, Rocker & Slick released their version on their 1986 album Cover Girl. Great intro, which doesn't sound like anyone in particular, including CCR. Shame about the rest of the song, which I have never cared for . Being facetious here, not argumentative, "by far the best I ever heard this, it simply roared out of the speakers"... The record did not remind me of any artist, and I was familiar with The Hollies.

The song was also sung by Terry Sylvester on tour after Clarke left the group for awhile, causing some confusion amongst fans as to who, indeed, is the original vocalist. The song utilized a fuzz / bass, giving it its distinctive rhythm. The bass line, in my opinion, should get more credit for driving one of the great back beats in rock and roll annals. And, certainly, the opening guitar lick remains one of the best ever, with the clever double drum beats augmenting the riffs to this very cool song. When I was young, I remember neighbors in their teens playing the radio while shooting baskets.

Because I could never figure them out.What can I say people,A "Hollies" Classic! ---She had it allll,Had it all-She had it all'-Don't you know... Since I first heard this song in 72 it was my good luck song. Over the years whenever I heard it I would get a jolt of energy and expect good things to occur.

long cool woman in a black dress hollies

This is my least favorite of The Hollies most popular hits. It surprises me The Hollies actually sang it. They have so many other beautiful songs this one really isn't so special to me. Clarke is credited as co-writer along with veteran UK songsmiths Greenaway and Cooke, who once recorded a cover of The Beatles' "Michelle" as David & Jonathan. The Distant Light album was out for a year before this song was released as a single.

No comments:

Post a Comment